With a promise to help its customers Make It, US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 250,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 70 broadline locations and more than 85 cash and carry stores, US Foods and its 29,000 associates provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill.
Portable charging is being used to support three heavy-duty tractors per charger at US Foods’ La Mirada, CA location. Once a permanent charging infrastructure is built, the portable chargers will be moved to another company location to start the vehicle electrification process.
- Name Richard Rodriguez
- Years Driving 24 Years
- Parking Configuration Pull-in without trailer
- Utility Southern California Edison
- On-site Generation or Storage None
- Type of Charging Hardware Installed Portable DC Systems
- Quantity of Charging Hardware 5
- Charging Hardware Manufacturer Tritium 75kW and ChargePoint 62.5kW
- Charging Management System None
- Other Unique Features Portable Chargers mounted on DC America racks allow these portable chargers to be easily relocated either on property or moved to other facilities.
- Truck Class Class 8
- Type Heavy-duty Tractor
- OEM Freightliner
- Model eCascadia
- Production Level In Series Production
- Battery Capacity 475 kWh
- Estimated Range 230 Miles
- Components 4×2 Axle Configuration
- Route Type Local Delivery to Hotels, Restaurants, etc.
- Goods Food and Beverage
- Payload Range Various, diminishing loads