Frito-Lay North America is the $23 billion convenient foods division of PepsiCo, Inc. Headquartered in Plano, TX, Frito-Lay snacks can be found in nearly every pantry across North America, with offerings including Fritos, Lay’s and Ruffles potato chips, Doritos and Tostitos tortilla chips, Cheetos, SunChips, PopCorners and more. The company operates 30+ manufacturing facilities across the U.S. and Canada, more than 200 distribution centers and services 315,000 retail customers per week through its direct-store-delivery model.
Through its PepsiCo Positive ambition, Frito-Lay continues to seek new, more efficient technologies to cut its distribution impact and reduce its carbon footprint.
Frito-Lay’s Queens, NY location underwent a complete revitalization in less than one year. Prologis owns the site and managed the charging infrastructure installation. Its electric Ford E-Transit vans are being operated in low mileage urban applications because of their quiet operation and maneuverability.
- Name Arnel Sencion
- Years Driving 19 Years
- Name Gary LaBush
- Years Driving 27 Years
- Truck Class Class 2b
- Type Delivery Van
- OEM Ford
- Model E-Transit
- Production Level Production
- Battery Capacity 68 kWh
- Estimated Range 108 Miles
- Route Type Diminishing Load – Multi-Stop
- Goods Snacks
- Parking Configuration Pull-In
- Utility Con Edison
- On-site Generation or Storage None
- Type of Charging Hardware Installed AC Charging
- Quantity of Charging Hardware 6 going to 60
- Charging Hardware Manufacturer Ford Pro, Prologis