Working with Your Utility
Fleets and utilities must work together in unprecedented ways to ensure successful deployment and operation of charging infrastructure for electric trucks. Join NACFE and industry experts to learn more about utility business models and programs and best practices for successfully partnering with your local utility.
In this training, participants will learn:
How are utilities thinking about and planning for commercial fleet electrification?
What programs exist to help fleets plan and pay for necessary charging infrastructure, including grid upgrades?
What factors impact electricity bills, including time-of-use rates, demand charges, and more?
What is a public utilities commission (PUC) and how can you work with yours?
How can electric trucks help put downward pressure on electricity rates for all customers?
Bootcamp speakers include:
- Trucking Fleet Primer (about utilities) for Commercial Truck Electrification (NACFE)
- Utility Company Primer (about truck fleets) for Commercial Truck Electrification (NACFE)
- Preparing to Plug In Your Fleet: 10 Things to Consider (NRECA, EEI, & APPA)
- Charge Ready Transport program (Southern California Edison)
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Fleet Hub (National Grid)