Sustainable Supply Chains & End of Life
One of the top motivations for fleets to switch to electric trucks is sustainability, yet questions remain regarding the sustainability of component supply chains — particularly batteries. Join NACFE and industry experts to learn more about what is being done to ensure responsible sourcing and disposal of electric truck components.
In this training, participants will learn:
How can the industry ensure battery components such as lithium, nickel, manganese, and cobalt are sourced responsibly?
What options exist for battery reuse once the battery is no longer able to be used on the truck?
How can fleets ensure safe and responsible recycling of battery components at end of life?
Bootcamp speakers include:
- Electric Vehicle Batteries: Addressing Questions about Critical Materials and Recycling (Union of Concerned Scientists)
- Metal mining constraints on the electric mobility horizon (McKinsey)
- Effects of battery manufacturing on electric vehicle life-cycle greenhouse gas emissions (ICCT)
- Sustainable Drive, Sustainable Supply: Priorities to Improve the Electric Vehicle Battery Supply Chain (CLEE & NRGI)
- A Vision for a Sustainable Battery Value Chain in 2030: Unlocking the Full Potential to Power Sustainable Development and Climate Change Mitigation (WEF)
- Powering Change: Principles for Businesses and Governments in the Battery Value Chain (Amnesty International)